For the Custard:
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 350ml can condensed milk
- 1/2 cup fresh milk
- 1/2 tsp. finely grated lemon rind
For the Caramel:
- 3/4 cups white sugar
- For Fruit Toppings:
- red and green grapes
- In a small pan heat the sugar at low heat until it start to melt.
- Now continuously stir the melted sugar until it caramelised, when the color start to change to golden brown remove from heat and pour on to the mould tilting the mould to uniformly cover the bottom. Keep aside to let the caramel solidify.
- In a big mixing bowl mix and blend all the ingredients, whisk slowly to avoid air bubbles.
- Pour the leche flan custard into the mould and tightly cover with aluminium foil.
- Place in an oven pre-heated at 300?F to 325?F. Bake with the same temperature for 45 to 60 minutes. Or when the fork is inserted at the center and comes out clean.
- When done remove from the oven keep aside to cool down to room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator to chill before serving.
- To serve, run the handle of a spoon or fork around the mould sides then unmold by inverting onto a serving platter.
- Top with the fruit toppings.
- Share & Enjoy!
Filed Under: Uncategorized